Effective Tips To Use Bouncy Castle Safely
Want to add a wow factor to your party by hiring bouncy castle? Good idea indeed. Bouncy castle is kids’ hot favourite amusement device at every function whether it be birthday party, fundraising event, school fun day or BBQ party. But you should not ignore the fact that there are some safety issues associated with bouncy castle. If you want to hire bouncy castle for your function then you have to take into consideration risks associated with bouncy castle quite seriously so that you can make them as safe as possible for kids’ usage. For your help and guidance, we are presenting effective tips to use bouncy castle safely.
- Always hire bouncy castle from a well- known and reliable bouncy castle rental company.
- Ask the rental company to provide the staff to set up, operate and supervise the bouncy castle at the event.
- Manage the bouncy castle by yourself only when the rental company has provided with you written safety instructions and operating manual.
- Select the type and size of bouncy castle according to your event, location and the people who will be using it. This will help you to choose the right bouncy castle for the users.
- Check the label on the bouncy castle to make sure that it is manufactured in the light of British standard requirements.
- If the bouncy castle was manufactured a year or two ago then make sure that it is tested by someone registered with PIPA Inflatable Play Inspection.
- Do not allow kids to use bouncy castle in high wind or wet weather.
- Make sure that the pathway to bouncy castle is safe and clear.
- Keep the bouncy castle away from fences and overhead power lines.
- The distance between blower and bouncy castle should be 1-2 meters. Hitting to the blower unit can cause serious injuries. Therefore, location of the blower should be out of reach of guests.
- Select an even and flat surface for the placement of the bouncy castle.
- Make it responsibility of someone from your event management team or rental company to monitor kids playing on a jumping castle in order to avoid any accident. The person monitoring kids playing on a bouncy castle must make sure that the bouncy castle is not overcrowded with kids. He must try to stop an unruly behavior that can result in injury.
- The number of kids using the bouncy castle at a time should not exceed the limit set by the rental company.
- Do not allow any kid to play in the jumping castle whose age is not suitable for it.
- Don’t allow kids to eat while jumping on the bouncy castle.
- Shoes, pens, buckles, jewellery and other hard objects should not be allowed in the bouncy castle.