Children’s Development and Growth
Children go through different stages of development according to their ages. Different aspects of development stages are physical, emotional, intellectual and social. In these developmental stages parents play a very important role through providing proper encouragement, support and activities that facilitate the child to for developing a good personality.
Role of Parents
Parents should understand the child’s behavior as it is very important to increase their confidence as well as developing a healthy relationship. Understanding the child’s personality is very important for their proper growth and development.
- One of the best ways to understand your child is by observing them as they sleep, eat, play or in different activities.
- Try to talk to your children as it is essential for understanding. In the case of young children, they require less verbal language and more facial expression and body language in order to understand their thoughts and feelings. Ask them questions to share their feelings to you as well to make them expressive.
- Play activities are also very necessary to healthy development for children. Different play activities influence the development of fine motor skills, language, socialization, personal consciousness, emotional well-being, creativity, problem solving and learning ability.
- Play that is associated with sensory-motor, cognitive, and social-emotional experiences provides a perfect setting for brain development.
Outdoor activities also play a very important role in the development process. There are some examples of outdoor play or entertainment such as:
- Ball games in the local park
- Walk or cycle ride in a nature reserve
- Using a skate park
- Exploring the beach
- Fossil hunting
- Stone skimming
- Throwing a ball into a bucket and varying the distance
- Potato sack races
- Parachute games
- Running around with paper streamers
- Catching games
- Kicking and throwing using a soft ball
- Running and stopping and hitting a soft ball
Other outdoor entertainment for kids is bounce houses and slides that attract them very much. These are the great way to promote enjoyable and health activity and add great excitement and value to any outdoor event as best outdoor entertainment for kids. Kids always have a great time playing in bounce house at parties and other events. Inflatable water slides are also very exciting outdoor entertainment for kids.
Parents should encourage children for outdoor activities for better development and growth as well as to keep them active.